I am writing to confirm the arrangements agreed between —— Ltd. ("the Company") and APG at our meeting on ——.
1. The Company will grant a Fellowship to —— (“the Artist”) to last for a period of one calendar year commencing ——.
2. The Company will pay the Fellowship Award of £—— in instalments as invoiced by the artist – the first instalment to be made at the commencement of the Fellowship.
3. The Company will pay to APG at the commencement of the Fellowship a commission of 15% on the Fellowship award.
4. The Company has nominated —— as a linkman who will look after the Artist’s needs, making arrangements for
(a) the Artist’s brief;
(b) insurance to cover the Artist’s activities;
(c) technical advice and assistance;
(d) materials and facilities;
(e) any necessary travel; and
(f) any further matters thought desirable.
5. The Artist will work for the period of the Fellowship, and after, if necessary, preparing for the Hayward Gallery exhibition, within the terms of the brief agreed with APG – or any modification thereto arranged with the linkman after consultation with APG. It is understood that the artist is not committed to devising any work of art, product or idea.
6. It is agreed that all rights in any work of art, product or idea devised during the period of the Fellowship shall belong to the Artist, but that the Company shall have the right of first refusal should the artist wish to sell.
7. Furthermore the Artist has agreed that the Company during the period of the Fellowship alone, and for no further payment, shall be able to make full use of the Artist’s name and any work of art, product or idea devised during the period of the Fellowship (provided due acknowledgement is made to the Artist). Thereafter, if the Company shall make any further use of such work of art, product or idea the Company shall pay a royalty to be agreed between the Artist and the Company.
8. The Company has agreed to pay the full cost (transport, installation, maintenance and insurance) of the exhibition at the Hayward Gallery in November and December 1971 of any work of art, product or idea devised by the Artist during the period of the Fellowship, which it is agreed would contribute to the objectives of that exhibition, (agreed by Company, Artist and APG).
9. Should either the Artist or the Company become dissatisfied with these arrangements it is agreed that APG should first be approached before any unilateral action is taken.
10. The Company agrees to supply to APG all reasonable information it requires concerning the Fellowship and the operation of these arrangements for the purposes of its research data, and also agrees that APG shall be entitled to obtain from the artist all similar information. APG will treat all such information as confidential. If APG wished to publish any reference to this Fellowship in any annual or any other report it will refer the text of such references to the Company for approval beforehand.
Please indicate your acceptance of these terms by signing the duplicate copy of this letter.
I accept the above terms, and agree to be bound by the same.